Solar Eclipse and its Impact on Individual & Global Events
This will be an annular solar eclipse where the Moon will cover the Sun from the centre leaving the outer rim visible, thus creating a ring of fire. ‘Ring of fire’ or annular solar eclipses occur when the moon is near its farthest point from Earth, called apogee; and the Sun’s outer edges remain visible to form a ring of fire in the sky. ‘Ring of fire’ spectacle in an annular eclipse is only visible for a short time and will not last more than 12 minutes. In 2020, the annular solar eclipse lasted just under 90 seconds.
The June 10 solar eclipse will be visible from parts of Russia, Greenland, and northern Canada. Those in Northern Asia, Europe, and the United States will see a partial eclipse. People in most parts of India will miss out on the annular solar eclipse; it will be visible only in some parts of Arunachal Pradesh. Since it is not visible in India – it is not relevant from a religious or spiritual point of view.
But an eclipse is an astronomical phenomenon and it affects luminaries hence it carries astrological significance. Every eclipse carries the genesis of some important events at global and at an individual level. Current solar eclipse is happening in Taurus sign, Mrigshira Nakshatra and in 3rd drekkana (Virgo) hence, persons, places and countries coming under these signs (Taurus and Virgo), and Mrigshira Nakshatra will experience the maximum impact.
Apart from this, an eclipse falling on 8th house, 12th house and over Lagna lord will also have significant impact. In every individual’s/ country or leader chart, an eclipse would fall in some house; the significance of that house would also be impacted for that individual/ country or leader. If the Dasha lord is involved in eclipse then also the impact will be felt.
Generally effects of a solar eclipse, last for 3 to 6 months.
Impact of the eclipse on global and Indian context:
Eclipse is an astronomical phenomenon and the effect is observed at the global level; the current eclipse is falling on the Taurus sign. Impact of the eclipse depends on or is analysed on the country’s chart, country’s yearly chart (new year chart) and top leader’s chart.
This solar eclipse occurs in the Taurus sign which represents the South direction. Taurus is the 2nd house of the natural zodiac. In mundane perspective, it denotes finances, wealth and possessions/ property of the people, inter-state relationship, bank, financial institution, national expenditure, and members of cabinet. Due to the eclipse on the Taurus sign matters related to these fields will be negatively impacted. Government expenses will increase, people will find it difficult to meet their ends. The bank or financial institution will come into news for bad reasons. Over expenses due to unforeseen reasons will deplete the financial position of the country. Tussle within the Government and among states will increase. The reputation of the head of states will come under scanner.
The Taurus sign represents the south direction- so major problems will be felt in the South or in the south within a country. Natural calamity, earthquake, unusually scanty or heavy rainfall in some places are also indicated. Present Saturn and Mars opposition will also add fuel to fire. This is the general impact of this eclipse, the degree of impact will vary depending upon the rising sign of the country’s chart and position of planets in the top leader of the country’s chart.
As per Varahmihir, if a Solar eclipse falls in Taurus and particularly in 3rd drekkana; it creates scarcity of food and fear of contagious diseases. Varahmihir also states that cattle and people holding top positions will suffer or they will fall under the scanner.
In light of the recent pandemic, the result of the eclipse is not good for the general health of people as Taurus is the natural marak house of the zodiac. It is important to state here that this year 4 eclipses will impact the Taurus and Scorpio axis. So, one can easily deduce that no easy respite from the ongoing pandemic is expected this year.
Now coming to the Indian context, the eclipse is not very favourable as it falls on the ascendant of Indian independence chart and also on the ascendant of this year’s Varsh Kundli for India. First house in the mundane chart represents domestic and interior affairs, general conditions, the health and well-being of the tax paying citizens, opinions, public consciousness and psychology of the masses. So, general wellbeing of people will suffer particularly in the southern parts of the country. There will be tension between centre and states, government expenditure will increase, the government may have to increase borrowing to meet the expenses. There is also a possibility that some scandals will be unearthed in the coming months. Government will have to face opposition on every step. Government will find it difficult to project a good image on the masses. So the planetary influence for coming three month is not very bright.
Individual impact of eclipse on different signs:
1. Aries: Here, eclipse will impact 2nd and 8th houses. Due to this financial problem, some health issues and tension related to family matters will be felt. Be cautious in lending money.
2. Taurus: It will involve 1st and 7th houses and will impact your health, reputation, business partner and spouse. Do not indulge in any dispute or heated discussions.
3. Gemini: Eclipse will involve your 12th and 6th houses. Expenses will increase, wandering and fear from enemies would be observed; old dues might get stuck. Be careful in dealing with outside people.
4. Cancer: It will involve your 11th and 5th houses. Relatively it is a good place for eclipse to occur; only relationships with children and some emotional disturbances in family matters may take place. Financially, the impact will be positive. Be cautious in dealing with friends related to business matters and take care of your emotional wellbeing. It is not a good time to make concrete decisions related to your love life.
5. Leo: It will involve your 10th and 4th houses. Relationships with senior authorities will deteriorate. There might be some unpleasant changes in career. Be cautious in dealing with your boss and colleagues.
6. Virgo: It will involve your 9th and 3rd houses. Any plans made for long journeys or foreign travel will not materialize or there will be some obstacles and delays. Relationship with parents will be stressful; some bad news from parents’ side may also be expected.
7. Libra: It will involve your 8th and 2nd houses. This eclipse is particularly bad for health. Sudden negative events may happen which will impact you financially or in relationship matters. Avoid any investment or adventurous pursuits.
8. Scorpio: It will involve your 7th and 1st houses. Family relations, business partnerships, and health will suffer. Health of the spouse may also deteriorate. Do not pursue any new ventures or partnerships.
9. Sagittarius: It will involve your 6th and 12th houses. Eclipse is not that bad for Sagittarius sign. Enemies will be defeated, old dues may be realized. But chronic patients must take extra precautions in health matters. If you are pursuing a loan, avoid it for some time.
10. Capricorn: It will involve your 5th and 11th houses. It will impact matters related to children, love life and creative ability. Try to avoid speculated transactions. Be patient in dealing with children.
11. Aquarius: It will involve your 4th and 10th houses. Domestic environment will deteriorate and other’s health may suffer. Students may find the time difficult in education matters. Try to maintain your cool in family matters.
12. Pisces: It will involve your 3rd and 9th houses. Results of the eclipse are relatively good for Pisces. Career and financial improvement is indicated. But brother’s condition or relationship with brother may suffer. Try to avoid traveling until absolutely necessary.
Above mentioned results are based on eclipse falling on a particular sign. This solar eclipse exactly happens on Mrigshira nakshatra of Taurus sign. On the basis of ‘Nakshatra impact’, the people born in different nakshatras will have some specific results as well.
It is a well-accepted astrological law that whenever an eclipse falls on a constellation that is placed 3rd, 5th or 7th from birth nakshatra; it gives some inauspicious results. People born in Sun, Ketu or Saturn’s nakshatras i.e. Krittika, Uttara Falguni, Uttrashadha, Ashwini, Magha, Moola, Pushya, Anuradha and Uttarbhadrapad must take extra care as the eclipse is not good on the basis of Navtara Chakra.
Note: The results are more prominent generally for your ascendant sign, but you may also feel the results as per your moon sign. Usually, the stronger of the ascendant sign and moon sign should be considered.